Instructions for Voelcker Fund Young Investigator Awards:
For Applicants under the Request for Proposals on Basic and Translational Research that Bridge the Gap Between Basic Research and Patient Care to Prevent or Cure Cancer, Arthritis, Heart Disease, Muscular Dystrophy, Retinitis and/or Macular Degeneration, please see the following links:
- Request for Proposals
- Step One – Instructions for Award Applicants
- Step Two – Instructions for Award Applicants
- Step One – Application for Young Investigators Awards
- Step Two – Application for Young Investigator Awards
For All Other Grant Seekers:
The Voelcker Fund offers restricted grants for designated 501 (c)(3) non-profit organizations engaged in medical research. The Voelcker Fund emphasizes research in the areas of heart disease, cancer, arthritis, muscular dystrophy, and inherited vision degeneration disorders of the retina. The Voelcker Fund lends special consideration to organizations operating in the San Antonio and Bexar County area.
The Voelcker Fund concentrates on supporting the costs of medical research; it does not accept grant solicitations for administrative costs, debt reduction, fund-raising efforts, or from individuals. The Voelcker Fund will consider seed funding, challenge or matching grants, as well as multi-year awards for programs or organizations that align with its mission.
The Voelcker Fund accepts Letters of Inquiry (LOI) on an ongoing basis. The Voelcker Fund will inform potential grantees after reviewing their LOIs if it would like to receive a more detailed grant proposal. An invitation to submit a more detailed proposal does not mean a grant will be awarded.
The Voelcker Fund does not support organizations that discriminate in their leadership, staffing, or service provision on the basis of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, political affiliation, or religious belief.
Potential grantees should first submit a Letter of Inquiry.
LOIs should be no longer than 4 pages and include:
- A brief statement of the organization’s purpose and history
- How the organization’s objectives relate to those of the Voelcker Fund.
- A description of the program or project the grant will fund including:
- Problem the project/program will address
- Desired outcome
- Timeline for proposed activities
- Estimated total cost
- Amount of the total cost grantee will assume, amount sought from other organizations, and the amount requested from the VF.
- Plans/methods for evaluation of the program.
- Organizations that have funded the grantee in the past
- Names and qualifications of personnel responsible for leadership of project and the organization, if different.
- Copy of Determination Letter from Internal Revenue Service
LOIs may be submitted by mail or email to the following address:
The Max and Minnie Tomerlin Voelcker Fund
112 E. Pecan, Suite 1240
San Antonio, TX 78205